Why Join a Group?
Affiliation with others plays a key role in fight-or-flight responses to stress. When group members face challenges, they work together as a source of support through:
- Belonging – members get a sense of being part of a valued group allowing reassurance that they are learning, growing, and facing issues with other people lessening the feeling of loneliness.
- Emotional Support – group members share and express feelings, thoughts, and concerns without criticism, judgement, or advice.
Two Different Types of Groups are Available:
These groups meet throughout the week or weekend of each month and discuss a range of tips and topics that are applicable to your every day life and circumstances. Topics are always changing and new groups are forming often for your convenience and include children, teens, young adults, and adults.
Popular groups are:
- Parenting: groups for new parents, toddlers, children, teens, young adults & adult children
- Internet Safety: groups about Gaming, Pornography, Sex Trafficking, Text/Sexting emoji’s
- Bullying: both on and off of Social Media (cyber-bullying)
- Dating: both online and off Social Media
- Warning flags of Abuse: Physical, Verbal, Emotional, Spiritual
- Temperament: Why you do the things you do
- Divorce Recovery
- Self-Injury, Disorders, Addictions from an Emotional/Spiritual Perspective